Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August. This month we are showing off our favorite crafting tools – those Stampin’ Up! tools that we just can’t live without. We hope you enjoy our projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity, number 15 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
One of my favorite tools is the Big Shot. In fact, I incorporated that into the name of my team which is “Deb’s Big Shots”. So I decided to highlight the Big Shot on my project this month.
Stamp Set – Vintage Leaves, Tin of Cards Stamp Set
Ink – Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze, Tip Top Taupe
Cardstock – Cajun Craze, Hello Honey, Old Olive, Soft Suede
Accessories – Washi Label Punch, Leaflets Framelits, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, Gold Metallic Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
How I used my favorite tool – the Big Shot:
1) Did you notice the two color tones on the embossed piece? The Woodgrain Embossing Folder was inked with Tip Top Taupe ink. I dragged the ink pad across the folder – you can also apply ink to the folder with a brayer. The piece of Soft Suede Cardstock was inserted into the embossing folder which was run through the Big Shot.
2) The Big Shot was also used to cut out the stamped leaves with the Leaflet Framelits; I did use the magnetic platform when cutting out the leaves. It helps to keep the framelit in place around the stamped image giving a more perfect cut. Before the Magnetic Platform, I used post it notes or painter’s tape to hold the framelits in place.
The next stop is Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp, number 17 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBIg Academy Stamps!
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Amy at Amy’s Inklings
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Pamela Sadler at stampinpinkrose.com
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Deb Cozzone at Deb Cozzone’s Stamping Zone
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog