I CASED this card from Jackie Bultje, a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator in Canada. I loved her faux chalkboard technique done on Crumb Cake cardstock and had to duplicate it. Now that I’ve done the first one, I’m anxious to try the technique on other colors of cardstock.
Stamp Set – Good Morning Magnolia, Beautiful Bouquet
Cardstock – Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Gold Foil
Ink – Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo, White Craft
Accessories – Embossing Buddy, Versamark, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Aquapainter, Layering Ovals Framelits, Metallic Pearls, Sponge Dauber, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Snail Adhesive
Faux Chalkboard Technique
- Stamp images with Versamark and heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder
- Put some White Craft Ink on an acrylic block and use Aquapainter to color the flower
- I wanted the flower to be more white so ended up using the water from the Aquapainter sparingly; just enough to make the White Craft Ink fluid enough to paint with
- Color leaves with Aquapainter and Old Olive Ink
- After white ink is dry, use Sponge Dauber to apply Flirty Flamingo ink to flower centers
Place a $75 or more (before shipping/tax) in my online store this month and receive a FREE package of Designer Elements embellishments (valued at $7.00). Please use June Host Code B3N3GW4E at checkout.
If your order is $150 or more (before shipping/tax), please do not use the Host Code. Choose your own Rewards PLUS qualify for the FREE Designer Elements, too!
Important to Know: FREE Bonus GIFT will be mailed directly from me and should arrive no later than mid-July.
Thanks for stopping by. Happy Stamping!